We’re Looking for a Director of Sales and Marketing in Portland, Oregon
Think Shift helps companies across North America unleash their full potential. We change and elevate how our clients think about themselves, how they interact with their employees, and how they connect to their customers. This is change from the inside out.
We’ve built a multi-disciplined and diverse team of strategists, creators and account managers who all have one thing in common; the desire to unleash their own potential. We know these people will help our clients do the same.
Reporting to the CEO, you ensure we are intentionally pursuing and acquiring the new business required to meet the growth goals of the business. Strategic and creative, you understand the agency’s needs, those of the prospect and how we can marry the two to generate mutual success. You are responsible for developing new business strategies in conjunction with agency principals and driving execution to continually develop our desired client base. This position will be based out of our Portland, Oregon location.
We’re looking for:
• Experience in sales, marketing and/ or business development
• Proven success in managing a sales team and overseeing a sales and marketing budget
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing. Candidates with an MBA will be given preference. Candidates without those degrees, but with exceptional experience will also be considered.
• Ability to provide strategic vision and original thinking and translate it into a plan of action
• Experience in digital and inbound marketing campaigns
• Strong ability to serve as final editor
• Ability to travel up to 50% of the time (Canada and U.S)
You get to:
ATTRACT & CAPTURE MQL’s
• Develop and execute TS’s annual strategic marketing communications plan including the annual:
digital marketing/media strategy
content marketing campaigns
social media strategy
public and media relations strategy
• Look for opportunities to develop unique data/insights on our market segments
• Look for opportunities to turn data/insights into engaging content
• Steward and develop our brand over time
ENGAGE & TRANSITION MQLs to SQLs
• Develop and oversee the management of our digital ecosystem
• Oversee consistent development of case studies to showcase our work
• Serve as final editor on all important pieces of Think Shift content (white papers, case studies, etc.)
• Write and contribute thought leadership content
• Oversee development and organization of data to support our marketing efforts
• Oversee systems to manage and utilize data (HubSpot CRM, Campaign Monitor, etc.)
• Build a community within our market segments (get content signups, grow social media following)
• Ensure we have an appropriate reporting plan in place to measure the effectiveness of our sales and marketing efforts
CONVERT SQLs TO CLIENTS
• Oversee and maintain sales database and automated procedures.
• Maintaining sales and new business files and inventory
• Call prospects and leads on a timely basis.
• Organize and manage all activities in preparation for sales presentations (using appropriate agency resources), including: background reading on prospect, product, technology and market; samples of all prospect literature and competitive advertising; competitive agency background, if appropriate, or other materials as deemed necessary - or helpful by sales manager or agency principals.
• Represent agency at sales presentations as required
Think Shift provides an attractive and competitive comprehensive compensation plan, including base salary, company bonus and commission. We also offer a company group insurance plan. Compensation and benefits will be discussed in more detail during the interview process.