We’re Looking for an Interactive and Development Director in Winnipeg, MB
You will lead the development department and its front-end, back-end, interactive and project management team members. You will also be responsible for both the operational well-being and forward progression of Think Shift’s interactive and development service offerings and the company goals assigned to them. As the Director, you will provide leadership thinking to Think Shift’s enterprise development and client service team members, encouraging individual and team growth and ensuring project requirements are met and projects are completed successfully with high client satisfaction.
We're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Five+ years related work experience
- Five+ years in a leadership/management role
- Five+ years managing large-scale projects
- Strong project management skills
- A strong background in the development, deployment and operation of scalable, high- performance websites and applications
- Demonstrated experience working with agile project methodologies
- Experience working with Content and e-commerce Management Systems such as NOP Commerce, Orchard, Sitecore, Sitefinity, Umbraco or other modern enterprise .Net solutions
- Technical understanding of web and application development such as HTML/HTML5, CSS, Coding Languages (PHP, .Net, C++), Relational Databases (MS SQL, MYSQL, Oracle) and Content Management Systems.
You get to:
- 75% - Client Facing and Project Support
- Serve as the client-facing contact on significant, large-scale web projects.
- Identify new opportunities for development projects with existing and new clients.
- Work with development team members to write technical specifications and estimates, and review with clients.
- Triage and scope project work to maintain optimum workflow and use of resource capacity.
- Work closely with other departments, providing the effective communications required to ensure client and employee satisfaction.
- Guide project teams and external resource partners to successfully deliver to spec (on-time and on-budget) by effectively managing expectations regarding timeline, scope of work, quality, budget and revenue-generating goals set by the client.
- Identify and implement opportunities for the use of external resourcing to improve quality, efficiency, capacity and profitability.
- Demonstrate outstanding skills in developing high-performing web solutions using PHP, ASP.Net, MVC and T-SQL.
- Proactively identify and direct improvements to site UI/UX, SEO, functionality and application page load.
- Identify and encourage innovation, experimentation and best practices - particularly with new technical and UI trends. Create opportunities to put them into production.
- Troubleshoot urgent issues and quickly identify and assign the resources for resolution.
- Develop and maintain a deep familiarity with the Content Management Systems and processes used for Think Shift’s websites.
- Ensure that data capture and analytics are successfully built into all web properties.
- Responsible for solution planning, technical requirement definition, development direction and the implementation of new features providing highly visible customer-facing web properties.
- Identify opportunities for the effective cross-sell and application of existing development IP across multiple projects to improve efficiency and return on investment.
- Spot digital trends, see the digital future and understand consumer behaviour, matching these with brand desire.
25% - Team Leadership
- Provide guidance and coaching to front- and back-end development leads and web project managers.
- Perform annual employee performance appraisals and bi-weekly one-on-ones, and mentor employee progress between appraisal cycles, including identifying and developing top performing employees for growth opportunities.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for compensation.
- Identify team strengths and weaknesses. Engage in mentoring and establish training plans and staffing recommendations that align the team’s skill set to business needs and technical innovations.
- Help recruit permanent and temporary employees to meet the needs of the team and company.
Think Shift provides an attractive and competitive comprehensive compensation plan, including salary, company bonus and a company group insurance plan. Compensation and benefits will be discussed in more detail during the interview process.
Interested? Please send your application to [email protected]