We believe in building jobs around people, not people around jobs. We hope to hire someone to complement our existing content team. We want to hear from you. If you think you can help elevate Think Shift’s offering then let’s connect. We are looking for a Concept Writer to join our content team in Portland, Oregon or our Winnipeg, Manitoba office.
Think Shift helps companies across North America unleash their full potential. We change and elevate how our clients think about themselves, how they interact with their employees, and how they connect to their customers. This is change from the inside out.
We’ve built a multi-disciplined and diverse team of strategists, creators and account managers who all have one thing in common; the desire to unleash their own potential. We know these people will help our clients do the same.
You have the ability to connect disparate ideas in a way that brings new meaning to a brand or product. You love taking a client’s goals and vision and transforming them into something that will impact their audience like never before. You use the written word to bring advertising concepts and marketing strategy to life.
What you get to do:
75% – Concept writing
- Working with the senior creative team, develop award-winning campaign concepts that achieve the client’s business objectives and goals
- “Pitch” creative concepts internally and externally to get buy-in, set the vision and align teams around the campaign’s mission, and then hold others accountable to achieving that mission
- Collaborate with project teams and clients to continually elevate their creative and ensure all work is on brand and of the highest quality
- Communicate with team leads to coordinate concept, copy, interface, graphic design and navigational structure of projects with functional aspects, such as websites, widgets and appsActively seek out and help define new creative possibilities to achieve clients goals
- Write clear, compelling copy for various mediums including landing pages, campaign messaging, blog posts, emails, social, and ad copy
25% – Copywriting
- Support the business development team in writing proposals, preparing presentations and pitching engagements to potential clients
- Assist in leading, developing and growing the copy/content team
- Write, edit and proof content and copy for print and online ads, video scripts, websites and many other materials
- Develop editorial calendars and create content on an ongoing basis to inform and engage
- Collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the company to ensure that the voice, tone, and brand
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications or related field (an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered)
- Proven ability to craft and executive advertising campaign concepts for a variety of audiences, brands and industries, specifically for rural and farmer audiences (portfolio required)`
- Experience with writing for a variety of media (ad copy; digital platforms including web, email and social; video and radio scripts; advertorials and press releases; speeches; technical writing, etc.)
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized individual with strong follow-through
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong presentation skills, internally and client facing
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
Think Shift provides an attractive and competitive comprehensive compensation plan, including base salary and company bonus. We also offer a company group insurance plan which includes health and dental benefits. Compensation, benefits and perks will be discussed in more detail during the interview process.
Interested? Please send your resume and portfolio.